This page does not have a description.
Recipes in Season (0)
All Recipes (3)
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Honey Baked Ham
Source: modified from food.com (Entered by Brady Bala)
This is a nice way to use our perfect sized uncured hams. I found the recipe online and tries it out. It was fantastic.
Serves: based on ham size 6-8
1 4-8lb uncured ham
2 cups apple cider or juice
1 cup either white wine or burbon (optional)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pure raw honey
1 1/2 tsp chili pepper / cayanne pepper (optional)
1 stick cinnamon
1 tsp whole cloves
1/2 tsp ground allspice
Step by Step Instructions
- mix cider/juice, 1/2 the wine or burbon (optional) cinnamon stick, all spice, 1/2 the cloves and the 1/2 the pepper if used in a sause pan, simmer for 5 or 6 minuets.
- pour over ham, in roasting pan and bake on 375 to 400 for 20 minuets per lb till 140.
- Baste every 15 minuets with the pan juices
- 30 minuets out combine the honey, brown sugar, cloves and the wine/burbon and pepper if used in a sause pan.
- baste the ham every 10 minuets for the last 30. should darken and blister, thats ok, it makes a nice bark
- allow ham to rest for 20 minuets then carve
Comments added by fellow market members.